Medicare and Medicare Advantage insurance is not just for seniors

Medicare and Medicare Advantage insurance is not just for seniors

If you are under 65 and disabled, you automatically receive Medicare Part A and Part B (known as Original Medicare) after gaining benefits of Social Security disability or some disability benefits for Railroad Retirement Council for 24 months. Now, you must receive a Aetna Medicare Advantage plans card in the mail during the 25th month you receive disability benefits. Even if you go back to work, you can still receive Part A benefits without premiums for up to 8.5 years. If you have amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), you will automatically receive Parts A and B in the month your disability benefits begin.

What does Medicare supplement insurance coverage?

Like older people, Medicare requires under-65s to meet deductibles before Medicare coverage begins. Even after Part A or Part B is deducted, co-insurance may require Medicare and the patient to pay a portion of the medical bill. Similarly, copayments or direct costs are still due on some services partially covered by Medicare.

Part A coverage has a $ 1,132 deductible. Your coverage does not start until you reach this deductible for a period known as the benefit period. This starts on the day you enter the hospital or qualified nursing facility and continues until you receive no hospital or nursing facility care for 60 consecutive days.If you need hospital or nursing care after a benefit period ends, pay the deductible again. There is no limit to the number of times you may be required to comply with this deduction.

Part B helps with medical care, home care, laboratory tests, outpatient care and other services from non-hospital providers. You have a $ 162 annual deductible, after which you pay 80% of a pre-approved fee for non-hospital healthcare providers. You are responsible for the remaining 20%. If your doctor charges more than the Medicare fee, you will also be responsible for the excess.Depending on the Medigap plans available in your state, you may be reimbursed for Part A and Part B deductibles. Certain Medigap plans also cover 20% of Medicare routines that allow you to pay for medical services, as well as fees charged by your physician and that exceed the standard Medicare rate.

When can people under 65 get Medicare Advantage insurance?

If you have Medicare Part B for medical services, you can participate in an open enrollment period for Medicare Advantage insurance in many states. Open enrollment lasts six months after Part B coverage becomes effective.